- The Pythagorean Theorem: A 4,000-Year History (Repost)
- King of Capital: The Remarkable Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of Steve Schwarzman and Blackstone (Audiobook) (repost)David Carey, John E. Morris, "King of Capital: The Remarkable Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of Steve Schwarzman and Blackstone" [Audiobook, Unabridged]
English | 2010 | ISBN: 1452650004 | MP3@64 kbps | 14 hrs 42 mins | 409 Mb
David Carey and John E. Morris reveal the untold story of Steve Schwarzman and Blackstone, the financier and his financial powerhouse that avoided the self-destructive tendencies of Wall Street.
“The authors link Blackstone’s history to the larger story of private equity’s expansion and its relationship to corporate America. They offer a lucid explanation of how the debt markets evolved from junk bonds to securitised loans, changing the types of deals that private-equity firms were able to finance.” — The Economist
- Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure (Audiobook) (repost)Tim Harford, "Adapt: Why Success Always Starts with Failure" [Audiobook, Unabridged]
English | 2011 | ISBN: 1611745020 | MP3@96 kbps | 9 hrs 53 mins | 408 Mb
'Tim Harford has done it again.. he has produced another excellent book full of insight and surprise. Just when you were ready to write-off economists, ADAPT shows how broad and useful their thinking can be. I wish I had written this book' –Evan Davis, author of Made in Britain
- Elektor Electronics UK – Full Year 2012 CollectionElektor Electronics UK – Full Year 2012 Collection
English | True PDF | 11 issues | 172.5 Mb
"Elektor Electronics" – a popular magazine on electronic components and circuitry. On a magazine site it is possible to find additional materials to articles (insertions of controllers, drawings of printed-circuit boards).
- United States Senate Catalogue of Fine Art (Repost)
- Ah-Choo!: The Uncommon Life of Your Common Cold (Audiobook) (repost)Jennifer Ackerman, "Ah-Choo!: The Uncommon Life of Your Common Cold" [Audiobook, Unabridged]
English | 2010 | ISBN: 1400168732 | MP3@64 kbps | 7 hrs 04 mins | 193 Mb
An entire arm of science—even a British research center called the Common Cold Unit (CCU)—dedicated to studying the common cold? Why not? Certainly an ailment that supports a multibillion-dollar industry of mostly quackery ought to inspire a certain amount of scientific interest. Indeed the common cold is far from being the stuffy subject one might expect. In the hands of gifted science writer Ackerman, the cold is addressed with dry wit while she covers every detail from soup (chicken, of course) to nuts (folk remedies). Only a science writer can find being intentionally inoculated with a cold virus and sequestered for a weekend entertaining.
- Jimmy Somerville – The Singles Collection 1984-1990 Featuring Bronski Beat And The Communards (1991)Jimmy Somerville – The Singles Collection 1984-1990 Featuring Bronski Beat And The Communards (1991)
EAC | FLAC | Image (Cue&Log) ~ 575 Mb (incl 5%) | Mp3 (CBR320/Stereo) ~ 204 Mb (incl 5%) | Scans included
Genre: Pop, Synth-Pop, New Wave, Hi-NRG | Label: London Records | # 3984 28249 2 | Time: 01:16:06
“ 17 track Best Of from the lead singer of Bronski Beat and the Communards. Both of those groups are represented here as well as some of Jimmy's solo songs. Jimmy's distinctive falsetto voice could not be mistaken for any other. Bronski Beat had six UK hits but only the first four are included here. The four that made it are 'Small Town Boy', an unlikely medley (with Marc Almond) of Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love', 'Johnny Remember Me', 'Why' and 'It Ain't Necessarily So'. The Communards had a UK #1 hit with 'Don't Leave Me This Way'. Other hits included here include 'Never Can Say Goodbye', 'So Cold The Night', 'You Are My World', 'Disenchanted', 'Tomorrow', 'For A Friend' and 'There's More To Love'. Jimmy had five UK hits without either group, the biggest of which was 'You Make Me Feel Mighty Real'. A cover of 'To Love Somebody' (Bee Gees) made the UK Top Ten. 'Comment Te Dire Adieu', 'Read My Lips' and 'Run From Love' round out this collection. Despite the omission of one major UK hit and one minor hit, this is an excellent collection of music by one of the best British pop singers of the '80s. ”
- Against All Enemies (Audiobook) (repost)Against All Enemies (Audiobook) By Tom Clancy, Peter Telep, read by Steven Weber
English | Unabridged edition 2011 | 18 hours and 20 mins | ISBN: 1455829145 | MP3 | 452 MB
For years, ex – Navy SEAL Maxwell Moore has worked across the Middle East and behind the scenes for the Special Activities Division of the CIA, making connections, extracting valuable intelligence, and facing off against America's enemies at every turn. And then…news of a potentially devastating coalition: What if two of the greatest threats to the security of the United States were to form an unholy alliance? The Taliban is trying to exploit a Mexican drug cartel to which they supply opium as a means to bring the fire of jihad to the hearts of the infidels. It is up to Moore, and his team, to infiltrate and dismantle the drug cartel, even as they hunt for those who would bring the ultimate terror and destruction to the streets of America.
- Corporate Bodies (Audiobook) (repost)Simon Brett – Corporate Bodies [Audiobook]
English | ASIN: B002LTZY7C | 2009 | MP3@64 kbps | ~02:37:00 | 156 Mb
No sooner does London actor Charles Paris land the part of a forklift operator in a corporate video than a young woman employee named Dayna is found crushed under the same machine. Paris (last seen in Dead Giveaway ) is the prime suspect until the police determine that he had no motive: Dayna, who had been sleeping her way up the corporate ladder, was too busy blackmailing her important bedmates to make an enemy of Paris. Investigating on his own out of curiosity, Paris learns that the victim had filmed her trysts and that she was killed for one of the tapes.
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures As the World’s Most Wanted Hacker (Audiobook) (repost)Kevin Mitnick, "Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures As the World's Most Wanted Hacker" [Audiobook, Unabridged]
English | 2011 | ISBN: 1441793747 | MP3@64 kbps | 14 hrs 01 min | 385 Mb
Kevin Mitnick, the world's most wanted computer hacker, managed to hack into some of the country's most powerful–and seemingly impenetrable–agencies and companies. By conning employees into giving him private information and maneuvering through layers of security, he gained access to data that no one else could.
- The Vikings (World History) (Repost)
- Julius Caesar: Man, Soldier, and Tyrant (Audiobook) (repost)J. F. C. Fuller, "Julius Caesar: Man, Soldier, and Tyrant" [Audiobook, Unabridged]
English | 2006 | ASIN: B000FMQPVG | MP3@64 kbps | 14 hrs 04 mins | 388 Mb
Since the Renaissance, Julius Caesar has been idolized as a superman. There is no doubt that Caesar was an extraordinary man. But as General Fuller points out, Caesar was more extraordinary for his reckless ambition, matchless daring, and ruthless tyranny than for his skills as a military commander. Caesar continually had to extricate himself from the results of mistaken judgments. His unpremeditated Gallic conquest was just one of Fuller's many examples.
- JamPlay: Theory and Improvisation Guitar LessonsJamPlay: Theory and Improvisation Guitar LessonsWebRip | English | MP4 | 640 x 360 | AVC ~900 Kbps | 29.970 fps
AAC | 82.7 Kbps | 44.1 KHz | 2 channels | ~18 hours | 11.22 GBGenre: eLearning Video / Playing the guitar
“ This series will cover all things music theory as well as key techniques for improvising and how to respond to "in the moment" situations. ”
- Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom (Audiobook) (repost)Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, Eric Swanson, "Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom" [Audiobook]
English |2009 | ISBN: 0739377175 | MP3@128 kbps | 9 hrs 13 mins | 537 Mb
Yongey Mingyur is one of the most celebrated among the new generation of Tibetan meditation masters, whose teachings have touched people of all faiths around the world. His first book, The Joy of Living, was a New York Times bestseller hailed as “compelling, readable, and informed” (Buddhadharma) and praised by Richard Gere, Lou Reed, and Julian Schnabel for its clarity, wit, and unique insight into the relationship between science and Buddhism.
- Black Notice (Kay Scarpetta) (Audiobook)Black Notice (Kay Scarpetta) (Audiobook) By Patricia Cornwell
English | 1999 | ISBN: 0399145168 | ASIN: B0002P0ER2 | 12 hours and 21 minutes | MP3 | 744 MB
Patricia Cornwell delivers a high-stakes Kay Scarpetta novel with an intrigue that will take Kay an ocean's length from home. The nightmare begins when a cargo ship arriving from Belgium at Richmond's Deep Water Terminal is discovered to be transporting a locked, sealed container holding the decomposed remains of a stowaway.
- Cruel and Unusual (Audiobook)Cruel and Unusual (Audiobook) By Patricia Cornwell
English | 1993 | ISBN: 1559947128 | ASIN: B004R3L0LY | 11 hours and 46 minutes | MP3 | 650 MB
When convicted killer RonnieJoe Waddell is executed in Virginia's electric chair, he becomes what shouldbe a routine postmortem case for Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta.But after Waddell's execution, the murders continue, as everyone connectedto him begins to die — including a member of Scarpetta's staff.
- CG Information Biblioscape 9.0.92CG Information Biblioscape 9.0.92 | 102.8 Mb
Biblioscape is a reference management software. It has modules that allow the user to record and interlink references, notes, tasks, charts, and categories. Any of these can also be linked to web pages or other external resources. Records can be organized in folders or collections and tagged with categories.
- "Chemistry in the Laboratory" by James M. Postma, Julian L. Roberts, J. Leland Hollenberg (Repost)"Chemistry in the Laboratory" by James M. Postma, Julian L. Roberts, J. Leland Hollenberg
W. H. Freeman and Company | 2010 | ISBN: 1429219548 9781429219549 | 614 pages | PDF | 5 MB
This edition builds on that legacy while addressing cutting-edge trends in the chemistry laboratory—including forensic chemistry and environmental and green chemistry.
- Point of Origin (Kay Scarpetta) (Audiobook) (repost)Point of Origin (Kay Scarpetta) (Audiobook) By Patricia Cornwell
English | 1998 | ISBN: 0399144013 | MP3 | 602 MB
A farmhouse destroyed by fire. A body amongst the ruins.
Dr Kay Scarpetta, Chief Medical Examiner and consulting pathologist for the federal law enforcement agency ATF, is called out to a farmhouse in Virginia which has been destroyed by fire. In the ruins of the house she finds a body which tells a story of a violent and grisly murder. The fire has come at the same time as another, even more incendiary horror: Carrie Grethen, a killer who nearly destroyed the lives of Scarpetta and those closest to her, has escaped from a forensic psychiatric hospital. Her whereabouts is unknown, but her ultimate destination is not, for Carrie has begun to communicate with Scarpetta, conveying her deadly – if cryptic – plans for revenge. Chillingly mesmeric in tone, labyrinthine in structure, POINT OF ORIGIN is Patricia Cornwell at her most dazzling.
Digest powered by RSS Digest