Daemon Tools – CD-ROM emulator with support for many systems of protection. Supports many image formats CD. The program emulates a conventional disk drives and the protection type BACKUPcopies (SafeDisc), Securom and Laserlock. A small and handy utility for working with CD images in various formats, including ISO, CCD (CloneCD), BWT (Blindwrite), NRG (Nero and others. When you start the game using the image of the disk can simulate the conditions to circumvent the many protection schemes copy. DAEMON Tools can be used as an excellent virtual CD (DVD)-ROM.
The program works through the system tray menu with which you get access to all commands. Here you can select the number of added virtual drives, mount images for each of them. To identify each drive, you can choose any letter English alphabet, which is not yet in use. Also, for each virtual device can be set to your region code. It is worth noting that the connection and disconnection of virtual drives occurs almost instantaneously and without having to reboot. Features can be expanded with additional modules, which in large quantities are produced by third parties.
Key features include:
creates *. iso and *. mds images by using preset profiles;
supports up to 2 IDE devices;
burning verify functionality;
compression of images;
provides the ability to mount an image folder;
Protects the image of a password;
contains a converter;
shows the properties of virtual devices;
provides a friendly user interface.
Changes in version 5.1.0.0333:
– The problem with the separation of the image file to the CD-ROM image editor;
– Resetting the image after the failure of the automounter mount at login;
– Work context menu key in the catalog of images;
– Minor bugs.
What’s new in this version:
– Improved privacy when connecting to MountSpace.com;
– SPTD 1.81 (beta support for Windows 8);
= SPTD increase reading speed for connected devices;
– Storing encrypted passwords proxy in the registry;
– Fast search in the catalog of images;
– Ability to create Audio CD image format APE;
– Enhanced support for UAC;
– Improved installation process.