- Developing Capacities for Teaching Responsible Science in the MENA Region: Refashioning Scientific DialogueDeveloping Capacities for Teaching Responsible Science in the MENA Region: Refashioning Scientific Dialogue
NAS Press | 2013 | ISBN: 0309286395 9780309286398 | 153 pages | PDF | 5 MB
This report describes efforts to address dual use issues by developing institutes around the world that will help life sciences faculty learn to teach about the responsible conduct of science.
- Remote Sensing and GIS Integration: Theories, Methods, and Applications: Theory, Methods, and Applications (repost)
- Фронтовая иллюстрация 2011 №3 (Бронеавтомобили "Остин" в России, 1914-1930 гг.)
- Introduction to the Finite Element Method (Repost)
- King Conan – The Hour of the Dragon 02 (of 06) (2013)
- Governing the Present: Administering Economic, Social and Personal Life (repost)Nikolas Rose, "Governing the Present: Administering Economic, Social and Personal Life"
English | 2008 | ISBN: 0745641008 | PDF | 272 pages | 3,3 MB
The literature on governmentality has had a major impact across the social sciences over the past decade, and much of this has drawn upon the pioneering work by Peter Miller and Nikolas Rose.
- Adapting to a Changing World: Challenges and Opportunities in Undergraduate Physics EducationAdapting to a Changing World: Challenges and Opportunities in Undergraduate Physics Education
Committee on Undergraduate Physics Education Research and Implementation; Board on Physics and Astronomy; Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences; National Research Council
NAS Press | 2013 | ISBN: 0309283035 9780309283038 | 143 pages | PDF | 5 MB
This book examines and summarizes the present status of undergraduate physics education, including the state of physics education research, and, most importantly, to develop a series of recommendations for improving physics education that draws from the knowledge we have about learning and effective teaching.
- Liar's Poker
- Mangin & Kerfriden – KGB (2 tomos)Mangin & Kerfriden – KGB (2 tomos)
001 Edizioni, 2011-2012 | CBR/RAR | Spanish | 2 tomos | 147 MB Total
Primer integral (Los demonios del Kremlin y El hechicero de Baikonur): Febrero de 1961. Las estrellas brillan sobre las altas torres del Kremlin. En el palacio, los burócratas están ocupados sin percibir el terrible peligro que les amenaza. El búnker subterráneo de Stalin aún contiene secretos aterradores. Algunos incluso mantienen que oculta a demonios sedientos de sangre… sangre de comunista.
- Canonical Metrics in Kaehler Geometry (repost)
- Mirror of the World: A New History of Art (repost)Julian Bell, "Mirror of the World: A New History of Art"
English | 2007 | ISBN: 0500238375 | PDF | 496 pages | 6,2 MB
A vivid and compelling history of human artistic achievements, from the first stone fashioned into a figure by a hunter-gatherer to the latest new media and installation work.With remarkable clarity, Julian Bell tells the story of how art has evolved through the millennia and across the world.
- Booktalking Bonanza: Ten Ready-To-Use Multimedia Sessions for the Busy Librarian (repost)
- Messaging for Engineering: From Research to ActionMessaging for Engineering: From Research to Action
Committee on Implementing Engineering Messages; National Academy of Engineering
NAS Press | 2013 | ISBN: 0309261814 9780309261807 9780309261814 | 97 pages | PDF | 6 MB
This report builds on the 2008 NAE publication, Changing the Conversation: Messages for Improving Public Understanding of Engineering (CTC), which presented the results of a research-based effort to develop and test new, more effective messages about engineering.
- Unpredictability and Presence: Norwegian Kingship in the High Middle Ages (The Northern World) (repost)Hans Jacob Orning, "Unpredictability and Presence: Norwegian Kingship in the High Middle Ages (The Northern World)"
English | 2008 | ISBN: 9004166610 | PDF | 375 pages | 3 MB
This book – inspired by historians like Fredric Cheyette, Stephen White and William Miller – applies a legal anthropological framework to Norwegian history. At the same time, it focuses on what happens when pre-state conflict patterns encounters a more stable royal power in the high middle ages.
- GridinSoft Trojan Killer 18.104.22.168GridinSoft Trojan Killer 22.214.171.124 | 41.2 MB
Trojan Killer is designed specifically to disable/remove Malware without the user having to manually edit system files or the Registry. The program also removes the additional system modifications some Malware carries out which are ignored by some standard antivirus scanners.
- Brian Sher, What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep a SecretBrian Sher, What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep a Secret
ISBN: 0732909937 | edition 1999 | PDF | 214 pages | 32 mb
Would you like to know the secrets of the rich, secrets that you can use to make your business and your life a success? What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep Secret reveals the habits and principles that guide the wealthy's approach to life and their secrets for business and money making.
- LNH #13 – June-July 2013
- Untouchable (2010)Untouchable (2010)
English | CBR | 60 pages | 74.41 MB
Young Vimal is an outcast, constantly bullied and brutalized by his peers. Having never met his father, he has been told by his schoolmates that he''s the horrific offspring of a demon that impregnated his noble mother. When he accidentally awakens Jara, an actual demon of sinister beauty and malevolent power, from a centuries-long slumber, his life takes a turn for the evil. Fed by the boy''s anger and pain, Jara twists the trauma into a thirst for vengeance, offering him a ''magic'' powder with which to exact revenge on his tormentors. But such gifts come with a price… This original tale is the first East-meets-West collaboration between British comics'' master Mike Carey (X-Men, Lucifer, Unwritten) and Indian writer Samit Basu (Devi, Tall Tales).
- Improving the Assessment of the Proliferation Risk of Nuclear Fuel CyclesImproving the Assessment of the Proliferation Risk of Nuclear Fuel Cycles
Committee on Improving the Assessment of the Proliferation Risk of Nuclear Fuel Cycles; Nuclear and Radiation Studies Board; Division on Earth and Life Studies; National Research Council
NAS Press | 2013 | ISBN: 0309285321 9780309285322 | 93 pages | PDF | 6 MB
This study originated from a joint request from the Department of Energy Office of Nuclear Energy (DOE-NE) and the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Nonproliferation and International Security to understand the extent to which technical analysis of proliferation risk could be improved for policy makers.
Digest powered by RSS Digest