- Write Your Own Nonfiction
- Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects (2nd edition) [Repost]
- Osteria: Hearty Italian Fare from Rick Tramonto’s Kitchen (Repost)
- Write Your Own Fable
- Women and Gender in Medieval Europe: An Encyclopedia [Repost]
- Phrasal Verbs Dictionary, 2nd Edition (repost)Phrasal Verbs Dictionary, 2nd Edition
2000 | ISBN: 0582291828 | 608 pages | PDF | 230 MB
The most extensive phrasal verbs dictionary available! All examples are corpus-based, and all definitions are written using the 2,000-word Longman Defining Vocabulary, so they are easy to understand.
5,000 phrasal verbs, including computing, business, and the Internet.
Unique Phrasal Verbs Activator® helps learners choose the right phrasal verb for the context.
- Space, Time and Number in the Brain: Searching for the Foundations of Mathematical Thought [Repost]
- Write Your Own Graphic Novel
- Logical Foundations for Rule-Based Systems (2nd edition) [Repost]
- Must-Know French: Essential Words For A Successful Vocabulary (repost)Eliane Kurbegov "Must-Know French: Essential Words For A Successful Vocabulary"
English, French | 2006 | ISBN: 0071456449 | 272 pages | PDF | 1.9 MB
Your search for the right word in French is over!
Stop hunting blindly through ordinary bilingual dictionaries – from current affairs to shopping, travel to romance, Must-Know French gives you instant access to the precise word you need when you need it.
- What You Need to Know about Starting a Business
- The Pinch Technique and its Applications to Non-Abelian Gauge Theories [Repost]
- In Other Words: The Science And Psychology Of Second-language Acquisition (repost)Ellen Bialystok, Kenji Hakuta, "In Other Words: The Science And Psychology Of Second-language Acquisition"
1995 | ISBN: 0465032818 | 256 pages | PDF | 60,5 MB
Although a person's ability to learn a second language declines continuously with age, recent research summarized in this survey suggests that adults are more capable of second-language acquisition than most people assume. In an academic treatise that will appeal primarily to theorists, linguists, psychologists and educators, the authors, both professors of psychology (Bialystok at England's York University, Hakuta at Stanford), stress that learning a second language fosters new ways of organizing concepts and of thinking. Language proficiency, they note, defies easy explanation, since research has found no systematic correlation among personality, motivation, cognitive style, intelligence and the ability to learn a second language. They conclude with suggestions on ways to make language teaching culturally sensitive and responsive to a student's specific situation.
- Cohesion in English (repost)M. A. K. Halliday, Ruqaiya Hasan, "Cohesion in English"
1976 | ISBN: 0582550416 | 392 pages | PDF | 64,6 MB
Cohesion in English is concerned with a relatively neglected part of the linguistic system: its resources for text construction, the range of meanings that are speciffically associated with relating what is being spoken or written to its semantic environment. A principal component of these resources is 'cohesion'. This book studies the cohesion that arises from semantic relations between sentences. Reference from one to the other, repetition of word meanings, the conjunctive force of but, so, then and the like are considered. Further, it describes a method for analysing and coding sentences, which is applied to specimen texts.
- A University Grammar of English (repost)Randolph Quirk, "A University Grammar of English"
1973 | ISBN: 0582552079 | 484 pages | PDF | 54,5 MB
University Grammar of English is a shorter version of A Grammar of Contemporary English on which the authors worked in collaboration with Geoffrey Leech and Jan Svartvik.
The structure of the parent book has been preserved so that reference can easily be made to it, though in many respects the authors have incorporated revisions, improvements, and expansions. The present treatment has been adapted to the needs of students who require maximum comprehensive-ness with maximum economy of presentation. The authors carefully indicate constructions which distinguish spoken from written, formal from informal, or British from American usage.
- ACCP Pulmonary Medicine Board Review: 25th Edition (Repost)
- French Connection Swimwear 2012
- Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar, 2nd edition (repost)William D. Mounce, "Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar, 2nd edition"
2003 | ISBN: 0310250870 | 480 pages | PDF | 86 MB
The best-selling and most widely accepted New Testament Greek textbook has just gotten better. The author has made the book more user-friendly and offers options to professors, particularly enabling them to introduce Greek verbs earlier as well as offering some made-up sentences to challenge the students.
- X-Treme X-Men 007.1 (2013)
Digest powered by RSS Digest